Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mom pops and Tots

Lately Jay has been really hamming it up. His face expressions change by the minute and not only is he always smiling but so are we. Jay is starting to really show his personality. He is so laid back and easy going. There is something about him that is just so calming.

He is still waking up in all sorts of funny positions. Every morning when I go in there he starts to giggle when he sees me. What a great way to start the day!


2 weeks ago Jay started his first class with the Chicago Park District. Its called Moms Pops and Tots and its for 6-9 month babies. The kids, along with their mommies sing songs, play with instruments, make noise and get to know other kids. If I didn't already have such a great group of mom friends it would be a good place to meet some.

I have been sure to bring a few of Jays toys to the class because it is a big germ fest... yuck!

I have to say my moms group is the coolest! There are about 15 of us and we all get along so well. We have only been getting together for about 9 months but I feel like we have known each other for years! Each girl is so different and so much fun! We all get so excited over each others babies major and minor daily accomplishments. Also, when I feel like no one gets it all I have to do is send and email or make a phone call. Ten times out of ten one of the girls understands. Thank god for great friends!

Now at our play group the babies are beginning to interact with each other. For so long our play groups consisted of laying the babies on the floor while us moms talked about sleep schedules and getting back into our exercise routines, now there is a definite shift. Some of the babies are crawling and standing up on their own - wow does it go fast!!! Last Thursday we hosed the playgroup. Here's Jay waiting for all of his friends to arrive...

And here he is with some of his friends...

Mom and Jay at the playgroup

Grandma and Grandpa Raber were here last weekend and Jay had so much fun getting spoiled!

For dinner I made a pizza and used one of my friends special pans. I went over to her house to pick it up and it turned into an impromptu play date with his buddy Hank!

We went out to breakfast and Jay sat in a highchair for the very first time.

We also gave him a little piece of pineapple to nibble on and he loved it -

but later puked it up :(

Also, as you saw from the last post we decided on Jays Halloween costume! Loren came home with the package and we opened it up right before jay went to sleep - here he is with the hat on. It looked cute but when we took it off he had a tight ring around his head. The hat was a little small. I grabbed my sewing kit and put in some new elastic, now he's ready to wear it to his Halloween party. Jay is hosting a costume party for his friends.

Full dress rehearsal

Jay was invited to his first friends birthday party, Anna Deppe. She turned 2 and we went to go celebrate with them at a local pizza place.
Another mini milestone for Jay... pulling himself up to sit. He cannot sit up completely from a laying down position but if he is raised just a tad above the floor he can pull himself up to a seated position.

Bedtime has now changed a bit... He was taking 2 naps no problem until a week or so ago and now it is hard to get him to take the afternoon nap. However, I did find a way... if I feed him and rock him in his room he passes out cold, BUT as soon as I move he is up and will not go back to sleep. So this is the decision I have been making every afternoon, let him sleep on me or let him go without his nap.

This day I chose the nap...

We were (and still are) on an awesome night sleep schedule (14 hrs a nite) for a few weeks, but now we are back to about 10-12 hrs. Definitely not complaining, this guy can sleep! He also can eat! We feed him solid food at night around 5pm and then before bed (6:30pm) he drinks a 9-10 oz bottle and often wakes up 45 minutes later for more! Last night he woke up around that 45 minute mark, I picked him up and he let out a huge burp... ah haha! Then he went right back to sleep. He is so funny! We are also now making the transition to warmer jammies. Gone are the lightweight cotton sleepers he is used to. We are now putting him in 12 month flannel zip up sleepers.

Also for his walks we are having to bundle up a little more. A few days ago it was about 50 degrees so he decided he wanted to try on his new Uggs his cousin Owen gave him. Here he is sitting on the bed waiting for me to brush my teeth.

As soon as we got the diaper bag packed, down the 3 flights of stairs, outside, down the block to the car (where we keep the stroller) and all situated, ready to go for our walk it started raining!!!! Ahhhhh! no way were we going to be defeated that quickly! So we decided to continue on with our walk. It drizzled a little and at one point we had to pull over and hide under a tree because we were in a downpour, but it was actually kind of fun!

So of all the cute baby gifts we had gotten for Jay there is not one winter hat left that still fits him! The guy has got a big head. So I decided to make him a few winter hats, here is the first one...

We are looking forward to our big babies Halloween party on Oct 18. We are hosting it and so far looks like there will be: 30 adults and 15 babies so we will definitely have a full house!