Monday, October 5, 2009

Days are filled

The weather is starting to change and the days are getting shorter. The chill in the air is very bittersweet to me. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant I was so excited for the first snow because then I would know I was getting close to having Jay. Well fast forward a year and here we are... We just cannot imagine our life without Jay in it and at the same time we cant believe we have him! We finally know what everyone means when they say "everything changes" when you have a baby! It keeps getting better and better and he is so much fun to watch!

Speaking of watching, one of the things my girlfriends and I look forward to every Tuesday is getting together for our class at the Park District. It is so neat to watch our little ones play with each other and explore new things. For example last week we played with ribbons and scarfs, Jay loved it!

Here is Jay with Hank, jay is laughing so hard...

Here is one of Jays BFF's, Hank and his mom Farrell

Jay works hard during the week learning learning learning but on the weekends he likes to kick his feet up and relax...

This week Jay ate Chicken for the first time and loved it! So did his hair!

I also cut up a pineapple and gave him the core to chew on and he loved it!

Last week I finally pulled out his exersaucer and attempted to put it together, ahhh these things are not easy...

But he sure loved the final product! This is where I put him when I take a shower. He is rolling around a lot so i don't trust just laying him on the bathroom mat anymore.

I have NEVER had a bad back, until now! I think it is from carrying him around in his car seat up the 3 flights of stairs daily. So now we keep the car seat in the car and strap him when we get in the car. Bath time is also hard on the back because Jay is not 100% when sitting up so I always have to keep a hand on him, it is not the most comfortable when you are bending over the tub. So it was suggested that I put his baby tub on the sink and wash him there... brilliant! He liked the view as well!

On Saturday we went to his cousins 3rd birthday party.

Jay had so much fun and loved the pinata. He cant wait to have one at his birthday party!!

So this week we are doing a little planning for Jays big Halloween party on Sunday. Cant wait to see all the costumes!!!