Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Big Day!!!

Today is Loren's birthday and I am so excited to give him his gift! We have waited months and now the day is finally here!!! If anyone knows me I am terrible at keeping secrets but I will say I am getting much better! Last night Mystery and I stayed up late and decorated the living room/table for Loren so when he woke up he would have a birthday surprise!

Here's Jay getting into the activities

We are going out to dinner tonight at a steak house downtown at 7:30!! Cant wait!!! I will write all the details in the next post, don't want to spoil anything in case Loren is reading....

So now to Jay, as usual our little guy is constantly surprising us with his new sounds and abilities. As of yesterday he started a new babble that sounds like he is saying yay yay yay, I know does not sound like a big milestone but when you are used to hearing the same sounds every day a new one gets us excited! He is also very into his bottles now that I am weaning him from breastfeeding. With Loren hitting a big milestone today he has decided he wants to kick off this new decade with a cleanse. It is for 21 days and we are starting it Nov 1st. I had to stop breastfeeding in order to do it with him so here we are, 5 days away from the big detox. We are following the book "Clean" by Alejandro Junger MD. We have a friend who went thru it and loved it so we too are hoping for great results! So in weaning the breastfeeding Jay has been taking bottles for all but 2 of his feedings the past week. He loves to hold the bottles himself and shake it around.

So in speaking of this cleanse, where our foods and selections will be limited, Loren decided to go out with a bang. If you know Loren at all he is a HUGE hamburger fan! He would brush his teeth with hamburgers if he could! So he decided he is going to completely indulge this last week before his birthday and that he definitely has... Here he is at Five Guys Burgers and Fries" his favorite place!

This is where we went for lunch on Saturday followed by a trip to Costco, oh the life of a married couple with a baby! So funny how just a few short years ago Loren and I would get all showered and dressed to go downtown to shop, have lunch, rent a movie during the afternoon, take a nap etc... now its all different but we love it!!!

Here we are at Costco, I had to take a picture because this was the first time Jay was in the shopping cart without his car seat - he is such a big boy!!!

That's all for now, will write more after the birthday festivities from this evening!!!