Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Steamboat bound!!!

The big birthday was a total success! Loren was very surprised to see his 2 best friends and their wives at dinner when he arrived and he absolutely loved his gift!


So I planned dinner with his friends and for his big 40th birthday gift I planned a snowboarding trip to Steamboat for us. Loren is a big snowboarder so it only seemed natural that a Steamboat snowboarding vacation would be the thing to do!

We went to Gibson's Steak house downtown which is best know for its steak (Lorens favorite) It was a lot of fun and it seemed we were not the only ones celebrating there that night. About 10 minutes after we were seated Rev Jessie Jackson and his bodyguards and crew came in and sat at the table next to us.

Take a close look at this picture Russ snapped of him (he's the 3rd from the left)

I had an envelope for him to open with 2 letters in it, the first was an email I sent to his boss back in August. The email asked him if he could take a look at Loren's business calendar and see if (as of now) he was open Dec 15-18. The next letter was his boss's response which said no matter what was on Loren's calendar he would cover for him. So I went ahead and booked it! Here is Loren reading the letter, he looks a little confused...


Then he opened a big box I decorated that had his itinerary all bound in a little travel book...


We shared a lot of laughs over dinner

The evening was perfect! Dinner was great, downtown atmosphere, hanging out with friends, awesome food and dessert? Oh boy!!!! That may have been my favorite part! this was one dessert, we tried the turtle pie...

Here's a closer look...

Happy Birthday Loren!!!