Sunday, June 14, 2009

Play time for Jay... and mom!

Last week I made a little play station for Jay.  It seemed every morning when we do our tummy time I was pulling out so much stuff and then had to put it all away when we were finished.  So I decided to make a permanent play area in our living room.  I ordered some thick foam mats and put some of his books, toys, his activity center, noise makers etc all in the area.  It has really been working out nice and Jay finds it a great place to practice reading....

The Myster Man has also taken a liking to this area... he sits on the edge of the mat in the corner and observes, but every once in a while he needs to poke his head in to make sure Jay is ok...


Mystery has been taking his new job as "big brother" very seriously (although Jay now weighs more than him!)  All this work of looking after a little brother can make a kitty tired...

We are lucky because mystery has really been adapting very well with Jay.  We were so worried he would act out and be jealous.  The opposite has happened, he has become so much more loving and attentive, we love our Myster Man!

On Wednesday we hosted our first play group and had so much fun with everyone.  Our group of about 10 moms meets every 2 weeks on Thursdays.  We rotate eachothers houses which makes it nice to get out.  Each time we meet we take a group picture of the kids and it really is amazing to see how quickly they change from week to week. 

This is a big week because Grammy is in town!  My mom is making a big effort to take me out and do some adult things.  We hung out this evening with Jay and Owen and tomorrow we are going downtown shopping!  Yeah!! I am so excited! I guess this means I cant wear my stretch pants huh?  The good news is my clothes are starting to fit again but I still have a few pounds to shed.  Jay is going to have his second baby sitter for a couple of hours while we are gone.  I am not looking forward to leaving him but i know he will be fine and i am definitley looking forward to the girl time.  Then Tuesday night Grammy is coming over to stay with Jay in the evening while we go out for dinner and see a friends band play.  This will be our first night out alone since Jay.  We are definitely way over due for some quality time together.  Is there really anything to talk about besides Jay and how much we love him?  We will see....