Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

What a great day!  Jay and I worked hard to make Loren feel like a king on Fathers Day.
  
It started with a little breakfast in bed.  It had been raining all week and it just so happened to be a beautiful sunny day for Fathers Day.  Loren took advantage of it and went for a long 7 mile run along the lake.  When he got back he opened his gifts, so what do you get the father who has everything?  
    
Picture locket cuff links of coarse :)  They were perfect!  We bought him sterling silver locket cuff links, we had L engraved on them and I put 4 mini pictures of Jay inside.  This way whenever Loren travels (weekly) all he has to do is look down, open up his little locket and see 4 pictures of Jays big smile.  He loved them!
Sure Jay is our newest edition, but don't forget about the mister man, he wanted to celebrate with his dad too!
Jay and his dad watched the golf tournament. 

Then we took a long walk around the neighborhood, stopped for ice cream and came back for a big dinner.  Loren's favorite food is hamburgers so guess what we had????  But they were not any old burger, they were the best of the best and I served them up on our wedding china.  For some reason food always tastes better on those plates :)
For dessert I made some home made flurries (nuts/peanut butter cups/peanut butter cookies /chocolate cookies in vanilla ice cream!) All that food can make a little guy and his dad tired...
I had so much fun taking care of my special boys on Fathers Day  - weird to think next year Jay will be saying dada!