Saturday, June 20, 2009

Go Go Go...

What a week!  is it already the weekend again?  Seriously how come time gets so unpredictable once you have a child?  At times I sit with Jay and wonder why the clock is standing still and in the same moment I wonder where the hours have gone.  We are always looking forward to the weekend because Loren is home all day but they just seem to come and go so quickly now.  

Grammy was in town this past week and we had so much fun.  There is something so special about hanging out with your mom and your baby.  

My Mom took me on a shopping spree and I now have cool clothes again that actually fit! Watchout!! Its kind of bittersweet, on one hand I no longer feel like a chunk trying to fit into some of my old favorite clothes but then on the other hand I don't want to accept the fact that I am a size bigger!  I still have about 7 lbs to go until I am at my pre-pregnancy weight but come on people I gained 57 so I'm not doing too bad at 4 months!  

We are gearing up for a big day tomorrow... FATHERS DAY!!! Yippeee!  Jay has been looking forward to it for a few days now.  He cant wait to smother his dad with extra love tomorrow for the special day.  I am looking forward to it too!  I had always thought my birthday was my favorite day of the year but last month when I had my first mothers day, that definitely took the cake!  I hope Loren feels the same way on his special day!  

We went out to the western suburbs yesterday for a tour and dinner at our friends house.  Loren's old college roommate Kevin acted as our tour guide thru La Grange and Western Springs. He was so much fun, honestly I think Kevin could be a comedian he was making us laugh so hard our stomachs hurt!  Wow does Loren have the suburban bug!  He was almost giddy as we drove thru the streets, we are definitely getting ready to make the move in the next year or so.  I think I am ready but scared at the same time.  See as much as I say oh I'm ready to not walk up 4 flights of stairs with a stroller, diaper bag, groceries, car seat and baby everyday, I find a comfort in hearing little noises from my neighbor below.  In the back of my head I feel like if anything were to happen I could run down there.  I think the weirdest thing for me in moving to a house "house" is we will not be attached to anyone so any weird noises will be ours not the neighbors.  Yikes!!!  

This week Tuesday Jay has his 4 month doctors appt.  this is good and bad... good because we will get to see how much he weighs and make sure he is on track but bad because he has to get his second round of vaccinations.  It is so sad to see his little face after the shots, he turns a color of red you have never seen before but we know it is something we just have to do. Then Thursday we have our moms playgroup and on Friday we head out to the Quad Cities for a family weekend with the Rabers.  Busy busy but that's how we like it!