So the past few weeks have been busy. Grandma Raber came for a quick visit and Jay also got to spend time with his cousins Daniel and Brandon. He loved the chaos and fun they brought to the house, they even tried to teach Jay his ABC's.
I took Jay for the first time to the gym with me so I could start working out again (have 10 lbs to go).
I had one of my very best friends in from Denver and we met up with some of her friends who were visiting from France.
They had a little girl named Ella who was 6 months old, Jay called her his little french fry. It was interesting talking to her about the differences in raising a child in the US vs France. Leslie (the french frys mom) starting introducing her to solids at 3 months and they do not use rice cereal.
We also had another big first, Jay's first babysitter. I officially quit my job at Xerox and had to go downtown one last time to my office to return my laptop, blackberry and do my exit interview. It was a very exhausting day. I was a little emotional about actually quitting and continuing my new job as a stay at home "Mom". Loren and I had discussed this a million times but I guess I never REALLY thought about how big of a deal it would be for me. I know we made the right decision, its just weird not having a job that I go to everyday. My job was a daily topic of conversation for me, you know that comfortable thorn in your side you love to hate. Big adjustment - "yes" - but raising Jay is now the most important full time job I could ever have.
This week Jay will be 4 months old and I feel like he is getting too big too quickly. I always tell people Jay's age in weeks, rather than months - doesn't 15 weeks sound younger than almost 4 month? I always hear the cliche, "oh they grow up so quickly", but seriously I feel like I can feel Jay growing in my arms - its happening so fast! I just have to do everything I can to keep him little because before we know it he will be walking and talking. Speaking of getting older, Loren has a big birthday coming up this year - maybe I will start telling people how old he is in weeks as well. Hummm so that makes him approximately 2,064 weeks old. Ahhh little Loren, wow both of my boys are getting so big!
So this week we are hosting a big play date with all of Jay's new friends. We are really looking forward to it. It is a group of about 10 girls and we all met when we were pregnant. Now all but one of us has had their baby, so in the coming months it is going to be a lot of fun seeing everyone with their +1.
Here are some new pictures of the little monster...
He is always the sweetest and cutest in the morning. Every morning when I go in to his room to get him he greets me with a HUGE smile, starts kicking, kicking, kicking and jibber jabbering. What a great way to start the day!
Jay on his way to the gym with me for the first time
Jays activity center, he has been getting really serious with it. He reaches and grabs for all the little toys now
Loren trying out the baby bjourn for the first time