So after some prenatal exercise classes and some new mom websites I have met a great group of new first time moms. I put together a "Meet & Greet" at a local bagel shop so we could all meet each other. We met today and and had a great time! All the girls are due between Feb and June. I am really excited to share stories as we all begin our new journey into motherhood.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
New Chapter, New Friends
So one of the most important items in preparation for a new baby is to meet new mom friends. Katie told me it has been her saving grace. She said after the initial shock of bringing the new baby home wears off and your schedule is set there is nothing better than sharing your ups and downs of new motherhood with your new mom friends. She would put her little one in his cutest outfit, put some lipstick on and get together with her gal pals once a week. Most of the time they would just meet at someones house, lay the babies on the floor together and swap mom stories.