Sunday, February 1, 2009

Look at those Paws!

Things are definitely starting to slow down, in terms of my body and my energy.  Although anxiety and excitement is still in the fast lane.  Last Wednesday I had my first set of contractions.  I did not know that's what they were as I suddenly just felt really sick and my stomach started to tighten and cramp up.  I thought it may have been due to the English muffins and syrup I just ingested, but sure enough, just like my books described they were stereo typical contractions.  I had a total of 3 that lasted about 1 minute each and returned every 20 minutes.  I started to think this was it!  I am ready!!! So I quickly jumped into the shower and began to rack my brain on what I needed to pack for the hospital.  Unfortunately, by the time I got out of the shower they were over and I felt normal again.  I told Loren about it and he was excited because we know the end is near and soon enough we will meet our baby!

I went to the doctor Wednesday afternoon to see if I was dilated, no, nothing :( I go in on Tuesday to be checked again.  If I am dilated we can schedule an induction for Feb 19th, if I am not we will check again on the 11th.  If on the 11th I am still not showing any signs of dilation I will probably go past our due date of February 20th.  I am really hoping I will be dilated but we have waited this long and we will continue to be patient until the little guys makes his decision to come out.

My mom has already agreed to come in on the 20th regardless if we have the baby by then or not.  I am sure it will be soon after and by that time I will officially be on maternity leave. Lately all I have been doing is eating, sleeping and getting puffy.  Seriously!  I no longer have hands, I have paws!  My wedding ring is long gone, it barely fits on my pinky :( .  Also, the couch has been pretty dangerous for me on the weekends, as soon as i sit on it i fall asleep for like 3 hours at a time.  This same sort of thing happened around 30 weeks so I am assuming my body is needing the rest.  And as I have heard from every single mom, I should take full advantage of getting this sleep now as it will be hard to get it in the next few weeks.  So that is what I am doing taking it all in and continuing to day dream about life with our new little boy!