Wednesday, February 18, 2009

11:30pm TONIGHT!!!

Loren and I went to the doctor yesterday and she has decided to induce me, when you may ask? TONIGHT!!!!!!!  So if everything goes as planned we will be holding our little baby boy tomorrow evening! I am so excited and scared and nervous all at the same time!

So today will officially be our last day to not be parents! I must say getting induced and having it planned when we go in is nice because I can be sure my gorilla legs are shaved and my sausage toes are painted!  I went and got a manicure/pedicure yesterday with Katie and when I was all done Katie looked at my feet and her eyes fell out of her head, she said my big toe was bigger than my entire foot!  What?  Hasn't anyone ever seen a little water weight?  A hahahah! So all of this fun will unfortunately come to an end and then I can start going back to normal, whatever that is???

The Dr. said the induction process is quite long. We go in at 11:30pm, so think of us when you are going to sleep tonight!  Loren has the luxury of a 3 night stay on the pull-out futon in the room that's made for a midget!! Poor guy.  They will hook me up to the IV around 12:30am and she said I will be able to sleep for about 3-4 hours before the contractions start (honestly, I do not know how you are supposed to sleep with a needle in your arm) then once the contractions begin and the pain gets bad enough I will be getting the epidural, (sooner rather than later).

From there on we are not sure what to expect, it is ultimately  up to him when he wants to come out.  The Dr says the whole process should take about 12-15 hours so we will see!!!!

Stay tuned.....