Sunday, February 15, 2009

The week?

The day I told my sister Katie I was pregnant, was the day she told me from here on out everything will change.  Now in the final days of pregnancy I am starting to understand what she meant.  I have been thinking a lot about how I have felt and changed over the past 9 1/2 months (for those of you not familiar, pregnancy is actually 10 months, not 9) and its true things are definitely different.  I find myself worrying over different things, the shift has gone from me to now mostly the health and safety of our new baby.  Its kind of like when something is going on in your life you are hyper aware of it, for example:  When I got my Jeep Liberty  a while back i felt like everybody had a Jeep Liberty, I got pregnant i felt like everybody was pregnant etc.  Now that I am about to become a mom I feel like everyone has stories about their kids and issues they are going thru with them.  So I listen to those stories and I regularly bring them home to discuss with Loren.  It has been interesting to see how we work things out and agree on how we will parent.  

We have also been spending a lot of time sitting in the nursery, there is something very calming about reclining in the rocker in the evening with just the light of the lamp.   I know this is the time to do it because as soon as baby comes we will never look at the nursery the same.  

So we are resting up for what I feel is going to be "The Week".  Yesterday we went out for a friends 30th birthday celebration, we have not taken many pictures of the 2 of us since I have been pregnant but here was one that was snapped... (look at that belly - 6 days to go!!!)

We had a great time hanging out with friends we have not seen in a while.  Today we are just hanging low, I made a great big waffle & fruit breakfast for us this morning. I figure this may be the last official weekend to indulge, because as soon as baby is here the "eat whatever you want" motto is OVER!!!  I am relaxing today, catching up on email, wash etc and Loren is out running errands.  #1 on his list today was to get fire extinguishers for the house before baby gets here, how cute!

Tomorrow, Presidents Day, Loren has the day off which will be nice for him to relax a little however, I have to go to work for an 8:00am meeting.  No fun I wish I could spend the day with him, considering it is also my birthday but ya gotta do what ya gotta do right.  The on Tuesday we go in for what we hope will be our last prenatal Dr.'s appt.  This appointment will determine if we will be able to get induced on Thursday.  Her decision will be based on the progress my body has made since last weeks appointment.  Last week she said my cervix has opened but still not dilated, hopefully things have indeed progressed and I will be ready to go!