Saturday, March 28, 2009

Case of the Mondays...

The weekend came and went, and as usual it was to short.  But there was no better way to kick it off  than with an adult play date!  We went out to dinner with 2 of my mom friends I met from prenatal water aerobics.  6 adults, 1 infant, 2 newborns and Denise who is pregnant w/ twins (in 2 weeks!) What a group!  The guys got to talk about work and fatherhood and us girls got to swap stories about early motherhood and how our babies are growing.  There is just something special about connecting with new moms, we had such a nice night.
The rest of the weekend we ran a bunch of baby errands. It was quite an adventure because we have only taken Jay out between feedings and are sure to be home when he needs to eat.  Well we miss calculated and had to feed him on the fly.  It is definitely true that breastfeeding is a lot easier in these circumstances.  We had to pull over twice so Jay could eat.  I must say I felt pretty proud to know I could get the job done with out my station on the couch.  I have pillows strategically placed for when I feed him so it is most comfortable, it was nice to know I could do without.  I even managed to change his diaper in the car!  Go mom and dad!

The past week we have really been getting on some what of a schedule with Jay, he eats around every 3 hrs, sleeps about 4 hr stretches at night, needs 2 diaper changes evey feeding etc - then as soon as you start getting a little comfortable and confident it changes! He now is not eating very well, before he would eat like a champ now it is hard to get him to eat in the evenings and last night he even went to sleep without any dinner.  We tried for about 45 minutes to get him to eat but he kept puckering his little lips - he was not interested so we put him down and he slept for his usual 4 hr stretch.  We were nervous he was going hungry but at 3am when he woke back up he ate like a champ - so who knows.  One thing that has stayed constant since the day we met him are his good looks!  I snapped a picture every day after I dressed him last week - take a look...
                        

OK so I also snapped a few extra, how could I resist!