Monday Loren went on his first business trip since jay arrived and I was nervous about being alone through the nite. My girlfriend Denise (who is due with twins in 3 weeks) came over with dinner and we hung out for the evening. She is getting anxious about her big day so we talked all about my labor and delivery experience, boy am I glad that is all over! Well, maybe it had something to do with St Patricks day but Jay slept like a champ Monday night. He slept 11:00pm - 5:00am - wow!!!! I could not believe it, that night of sleep was the most I had gotten in a row in a long time! Unfortunately he did not repeat that the next night but we are keeping our fingers crossed for tonight...
So in the past week we have gotten out a lot more and made the waaaay over due trip to the grocery store. Ahhh check out dad and Jay...
This was the first time we took out the snap and go stroller, worked great! So we had not gone grocery shopping basically since Jay was born, with us both being hungry I made the executive decision to get a sandwich before we started grocery shopping so we did not end up buying a bunch of miss match items that sounded good only when your starving. So we got our deli sandwiches and sat in the Dominick's cafeteria - I wish I could say that was the first time i had eaten there but it was not. It was definitely an experience, we got the combo meal (sammy, chips and fountain drink) of coarse the drink machine was not working, Loren went up to try it and some lady was washing her hands in it - ah ha ha! Loren just about lost it!
This week Jay and I have gotten out quite a bit. I am starting to get a little more comfortable taking him out in public on my own. We have made a few trips to the drug store, went to Starbucks and taken some walks in his stroller, we even had a play date with his friend Jackson.
Tomorrow we are going to meet Jays new friend Alexis, who is 2 weeks old! Fun fun fun!