Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Solids

I read on a website recently that at the one year mark, babies no longer need formula or breast milk. They can begin to transition to regular milk. Also, they can really start relying on "regular" food for their nutrition. This is scary to me because I am still nervous about giving Jay chunky food. I feel like he is going to choke. Yes I feed him in the kitchen and yes I have the chart on how to perform infant CPR right there in front of me but I just don't like the thought of it. However, I know I need to get over it and start incorporating more "chunky" food into his diet. I am still feeding him level 2-3 baby food, which does have chunks but they basically dissolve once he gums it a few times. A friend suggested baby pasta, so I cooked some up, put some butter on it and had him try it. He was not that interested in it but I felt it was a step in the right direction...