Sunday, August 2, 2009

Big Month!

Jay was so excited when Jackson came over to spend a few hours with us. His mom had to run some errands so it made for an impromptu playdate! The boys are so funny to watch. They love hanging out with each other. They could not stop gnawing on their little toys.




Humm isn't that funny, all that gnawing must have been for a reason. The next day Jay bit down on my finger and guess what I found???



His first tooth!!!! Yes I know these pictures are bad and you can't really see his little baby tooth but it is there! Trust me!

Exciting month we are in!!! This month marks 2 very important dates, first on the 19th Jay will be 6 months old, and second on the 25th we will be married 2 years! Hard to believe it will already be our 2nd wedding anniversary.



Speaking of weddings I was actually up at the top of Keystone Mountain in Colorado this weekend to see one of my best friends get married. Look at this view! She was a stunning bride




We decided it was easiest for me to go to the wedding alone. To much with flying and driving up to the mountains with the baby. So I flew in on Thursday and drove up to the mountains with my mom and Gerard.



The wedding was in Keystone but we stayed in Vail, check out the view from my balcony - see the chairlift???



It was beautiful up there but sad to see what the beetles have done to the trees :(

So Loren and Jay stayed in Chicago and had a great weekend together. They went out to eat, watched golf, got together with his BFF Jackson, went to a street fair (Retro on Roscoe) saw a concert (Ralph's World) and did a lot of male bonding. He also now learned how to grab his feet....


I left Denver this morning on the first flight back to Chicago. I was so anxious to see my boys. They picked me up at 9:00am from the airport and I was sooooooo excited to see them. We went out for breakfast and had so much fun. The rest of the day I did not let Jay out of my arms. I even took a nap with him in my bed! But eventually I had to get him ready for bed and let him out of my arms...



Being away on my own really made me miss and appreciate my special little family. When I walked up to the door, look what was waiting for me....


How sweet is that!!!!

I asked Loren what he thought was the biggest thing he noticed while caring for Jay on his own- his reply was "how easy it is" WHATEVER!!!!! So we walk in the door and this was Loren 10 minutes later.... So easy huh???