Thursday, April 16, 2009

Adjusting to our new job...

About 8 years ago, I was a nanny for a little boy named Eli. He always said the sweetest things and put things into perspective.  For example on day we were at the park and he was watching an ant crawl up a single blade of grass.  So innocent and so pure.  Spending so much time with Jay lately has helped me see so many of these little gifts. Today we took a long walk in the spring sunshine.  We walked along the lake and thru the neighborhood, and I noticed so many things I usually look past.  I couldn't help but notice how much was happening around me - the tiny new buds blooming on the trees, people freshening up landscaping, the mailmen on their routes,  kids on school playgrounds etc.  There is so much happening in the city during the day. I have never really noticed this as I have always had to work my corporate job. I know its seems pretty simple and very obvious, but I feel as though the world has gotten so much bigger now that Jay is in it.

Loren and I are really beginning to adjust to our new role as parents and absolutely loving it.   We are finding what works and definitely what does not work.  No one could have ever prepared us for how hard and how amazing our new jobs would be.  We feel like the luckiest people in the world.  Amazing that he is 2 months old today!  Wow!  Take a look at his new pictures...