So the last few days Jay has not been feeling that great. He has had a little runny nose, a fever that comes and goes and just not himself. I took him into the doctor last night and guess what? He has strep throat!!! What? How could that happen? Not one person I know has strep throat. I asked the doctor and she said its going around and he probably got it from the playground - great! So after his doctor appt we went straight to the pharmacy to get his prescription filled. The drive thru pharmacy I may add! How awesome is that? As Jay slept in the back seat I waited for his antibiotic to be filled. When we got home I gave him some food (not supposed to take the medicine on an empty stomach) he seemed really hot so as he was eating I gave him some Motrin and his prescription, little did i know what I was in for... After he ate a little I put him in his jammies and took his temperature 104.8!!!! Are you kidding me???? What do I do? That is so high! I called the doctor and she said to get him in a luke warm bath to get the fever down. His little teeth were chattering like he was freezing but he was burning up! Poor little guy!
In the middle of all of this poor Loren, who has been gone for a week walks in. We were both a little panicked but fortunately the pediatrician calmed us down and we were able to get his fever down to around 103 before he went to sleep.
I slept on the couch to make sure I could run in there if he needed me. The little booger slept thru the whole night and got up at 8:00 this morning. I took his temperature and he is back to normal! Thank God! He ate his breakfast and is now waking up from his morning nap. Ahhh who knew how much stress a little angel can stir up. We are relaxing today, kind of.... Of coarse we have a showing tonight. Fun fun!!!