Friday, November 20, 2009

9 Month Appointment

Jay went to the pediatrician today for his 9 month check up. He is exactly 9 months and 1 day old today! Pretty scary that when I left I was scheduling his 1 year appt. So he weighed in at 20.5lbs (50% percentile) 29" long (75% percentile). I could have sworn he weighed at least 23lbs. He has gotten so heavy and my back has been KILLING ME!!! I have to stop carrying him around so much. At the rate I'm going he will not be walking until he's 5! The pediatrician gave me some techniques to use to get him ready to crawl and pull himself up. He has just gotten into standing while holding on so the next step is to have him crawl and pull up on his own. He also got the green light to start on all solid foods, as in actually eating chunks of food rather than everything in apple sauce consistency. I have to say I was a bit nervous, I am just so afraid I will not perform CPR right if I need it. I know I probably sound crazy but its all so new for him, how does he know how to chew and make the pieces small enough that he can swallow safely? Tonight I cut up small pieces of a really ripe banana, an avacado and sprinkled some sherdded cheese on his plate. He did so well and really liked it!