My mom always told me how special she felt on Mother's Day and how proud she was of me and the person I had become - however, I never knew how truly special it was until this year. Wow! What a day!
Loren and Jay did so much the entire day to make me feel so special. It started with Loren taking the 5am feeding and then dressing Jay up in an oh so sweet mothers day outfit!
When I woke up I walked into the kitchen and there was a beautiful pink flower potted plant with a card. I picked the card up and noticed the pot was hand painted - it said Happy First Mothers Day from Dad and Jay! oh I just melted! Loren took Jay to a pottery place down the street, picked out a flower pot and painted it. Loren even dipped Jays hands and feet in the paint to make foot/hand prints on the pot. Ooh it was just so sweet and so thoughtful.
Then we went out for breakfast and took a walk through the neighborhood. When we got home Jay and I set up a cozy little spot on our lawn chair and watched as Loren planted all of our flowers for the summer.
This planting of flowers was no small task as all the trees, flowers, pots, dirt etc had to be carried up 4 flights of stairs to our rooftop deck. It looked like a lot of work to me but Loren loves gardening. We had such a nice time sitting outside in the sunshine talking as he planted away. Here are some pictures of his finished products...
The day did not end there, I took a long nap and it just so happened my 2 boys decided to snuggle up and take a nap with me...
When we all woke up we went downstairs to a yummy dinner Loren had made, complete with our wedding china, crystal and silver ~ how fancy!
So all in all Mothers Day could not have been more special!!
Thanks Loren and Jay!